Sunday, August 5, 2007

My family







For a silly time waster, go to simpsonizeme.com. Here is my family:




This is my lovely wife G, sort of. I do regret that her Simpsonized picture is missing her two nose piercings. Her skin is also a little lighter than her Simpsonized version, but they only give you so many choices, ya know. Anyway, things I am going to miss about G while we are apart include: getting silly together over the littlest daily things (and the silly little kitchen dances she does when we are cooking and getting goofy...don't tell her her secret is out), hearing her play with our kids when I am in another room working, watching Antique Roadshow together (we find it quite entertaining to watch people find out the monetary value of their collectables!), cuddling, and bantering all day about our loved ones and what they are up to.













This is my baby boy M. He's 28 months. What I am going to miss most about him when we are apart is his laughter...his hysterical, full body, from-the-gut giggle. I am going to miss wrapping him up and pretending he is my burrito. I am going to miss his kisses. I am going to miss his snuggles. I'm going to miss his smell, and the feel of his sweaty little body all curled up in my arms when he is going to sleep. I am going to miss witnessing all the things he is curious about in this world. I am going to miss the way he takes care of his little sister. I am going to miss it when we are driving and we are getting close to his uncle's office, or Taco Time, or Costco, or the firestation, and he announces that it is coming up. I am going to miss his announcements about police cars, fire engines, and ambulances. I am going to miss his silly sneaky smile, the smile he gets when he is about to do something that will make me laugh. I am going to miss when he does this funny "ho-ho-ho" laugh in immitation of one of the laughs his "mimi" (grandmother) does. I am going to miss playing in the pool with him. Oh my G-d, there is so much I will miss.














And this is my foster daughter K. She's 17 months. While we are apart, I am going to miss her little run. I am going to miss her playfulness. I am going to miss all her little words. I am going to miss the way she brings a book to me, and then backs up butt first into my lap so I can read it to her. I am going to miss the way she pretends to feed me. I am going to miss her sweet laugh. I am going to miss watching her be so fearless with the world everyday in so many ways-- her growing love of adventure. I am going to miss watching her get taller day by day. I am going to miss her trying to wrestle me when she sees me getting silly and wrestling her big brother. I am going to miss watching her pretend EVERYTHING is a phone. I am going to miss her stubborness. I pray, pray, pray that this will not be one of the last times I see her. I pray that we will be able to adopt her so she can stay safe and healthy and with us. Oh, lord, do I pray.

No comments: