Tuesday, May 13, 2008

"This Property Protected By Jesus Christ"


While dropping M.'s signed IEP off at the school district office, I noticed this sticker on the window of a car parked next to me. I feel like I've seen this before, but it has been long enough that the whole idea was quite novel.

I find the wording: "Warning: This Property Protected By Jesus Christ" a bit irreverent. Jesus isn't concerned with your property. In fact, Jesus himself said *you* needn't be concerned with your property.

That said, the rest of the text is simply evangelistic, and I don't see that as a bad thing. The idea is, "you might think what you want is material in nature, but in fact, you want something much deeper, something more intangible, and you *can* have that." Doesn't seem to be a bad message after all.

This hole you feel deep within, it can't be filled with material things.

1 comment:

narevalo said...

Jesus is concerned about everything in your life. He even counts the hairs on your head. Luke 12:7 and Mat 10:30.
Besides, the message means "if you think there's something inside for you, then you are probably looking for Jesus, so I'll pray for you"