Sunday, July 27, 2008

Church Shooting

No, I am not back from my hiatus. But I just left worship only to receive an email with news that there was a shooting this morning at the Tennessee Valley Unitarian Church in Knoxville during a children's production of a play. Six or seven people have been taken to the hospital. At this point it sounds like they are all people who were sitting in a pew, though details have not been released. The extent of the injuries haven't been reported, but fortunately no deaths have occurred.

May our prayers and thoughts be with this faith community at this time.

P.S. Nevermind what we may think about "Annie" being the morning's worship service. I am sure we all have opinions on that one (I know I do), but let's focus loving thoughts on this congregation.

No comments: