Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Weekly Horoscope Check-In

As you all know, I am a horoscope skeptic, ironically obsessed with my horoscope since I found the AstroStyle website because their 'scopes always seem so "right on" for me. Anyway, here is my weekly horoscope from that site, with my comments in purple:

Workaholic alert! You may be a little too emotionally wrapped up in your career at the moment.

VERY interesting. I preached on Sunday, and found myself with a renewed vigor by Sunday evening. I was feeling a really intense sense of vocational focus and seriously hammered away on some big projects until after two in the morning! I took Sabbath on Monday, but thought about work throughout the day and returned to work today with a lot of momentum. I am seeing this as very positive, and I will continue to see it as positive, but I guess I also have to be careful not to overdo it.

While it's wonderful to be ambitious, striving too hard for status, fame, or prestige could cause you to forget your values. You don't want to step on people as you climb the ladder to success. That's simply too much bad karma to bring into your life.

I guess it would be nice to have warning if people's feelings could become an issue. I wasn't seeing any danger of stepping on anyone with the projects I'm working on, but I guess I'll keep my eyes out!

Oh, wait, I just thought of something that this could absolutely be about...the current strategic planning and goal development. Oh, yeah. I can definitely see this being an issue if I am not careful. Will try to be even more restrained than I've been lately.

A little detachment is advised.

Whether horoscopes are valid or not, I think this is terrific and very helpful advice for the strategic planning meeting tonight. Will try very hard to keep it in mind.

Your work is important, but don't let it define all of who you are. You may also need to make a few sacrifices in the name of your career growth. Be selective.

Hmmm...have no idea right at the moment what that could mean. Perhaps time will tell.

If there's an opportunity to learn from an industry expert, jump on it--even if you do the work for free.

I'm not sure yet what this means either, but I can see a couple of opportunities to which this *might* apply. Will have to think on it.

An issue with a prominent male relative needs healing. You may have to extend the olive branch this time. Let go of grudges and make peace.

Huh. I wonder if this is true for me or not. The only guy-person with whom my relationship has been shaky (as far as I know) is my brother, and that's been going on for years. I feel like I've been doing my part, but maybe???

1 comment:

sf said...

You have been.(I too feel.)