Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Have they "gone too far?" Um...how could you even ask that?

I am heading to bed, but we are staying at G's parents house tonight and Boston's Fox25 news is on.

As I am heading off, I hear the headliners, including: "Have they finally gone too far? A child is in intensive care after being pushed down the stairs at school by a bully."

When does it take a child ending up in intensive care before a bully has gone too far? This is very sad.
Every child in our country has a right to access education, free from bullying and harrassment.
We, as a nation, have a lot of work left to do in this arena.
(By the way, from what I gather, this child also has some disabilities and was receiving special education services at his school. This certainly hits some hot buttons in my world.)


No comments: