Friday, February 1, 2008

Offer Accepted

While giving folks time for my allie series, I thought I'd just do a quick post to say our home went under contract today. The buyer accepted our counter-offer, which was for our original "worst case scenario" that we budgeted.

It is for an amount which will allow us to pay off our debts. I am praying we'll have enough money left when all is said and done to still have a small downpayment for a house out here, but we'll have to crunch the numbers. If they want us to do anything after the inspections are all complete, we may be in a tough position. I really don't want to go under this amount.


Overall, I am having an interesting emotional response to all this. I am overcome with a silmultaneous flood of regret in leaving this home behind, and absolute relief that we have a buyer, pending any additional inspections (which they've already begun).

I think a true grieving process about this move has begun.

I loved this little house. Most of the best things in my life happened at this house. G. and I closed on this house just before our wedding. I first responded to my vocational call in this house. We became parents in this house. Our children were born while we were living there.



I will miss the community we lived in an incredible amount. I knew this wasn't going to be easy, but...
letting go is much harder than I anticipated.




No comments: