Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Another Break For Personal News...

I don't intend this to be a diary style blog, but I have some interesting news.

1. Our house is under contract again. The first inspection is Thursday. Keep your fingers crossed for us.

2. I leave for New Orleans also on Thursday. Gah! So much still to do.

3. I received some interesting medical news Monday. I had gone to see a neurologist after G. begged and pleaded. My memory and clarity of thought has become very poor in the last year. The neurologist first gave me a very encouraging prediction. She looked at my throat, noted that it is especially small, and suggested that sleep apnea might be causing not only my neurological symptoms, but also my longtime chronic fatigue. This made me so super duper excited because sleep apnea is treatable with oxygen (read: no side effects other than having to sleep with equipment, a relatively common and doable condition, etc.).

I went and had my sleep study and have been eagerly awaiting my order of oxygen. But the sleep study didn't come back indicating sleep apnea. Instead, it actually brought up some other concerns. I haven't spoken with the neurologist in person yet, but given the little bit that the nurse said and the testing the neurologist has ordered (to happen immediately...they wanted it done this week, but I am going to do it as soon as I get back from New Orleans), it seems she is concerned I am having seizures. If I am having seizures, the questions to me seem to be, what is the cause and what is the treatment?

I am feeling a mixture of being scared and sad, but mostly, excited and eager to have some answers. I hope this isn't a false lead only in that I really want to know what is going on.

1 comment:

Sara said...

That must be difficult to just get that much news and have to wait to hear the rest! I hope you find a nice simple answer.