Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Scary (and Cute)

Today K. and I were talking about nursing. She had asked about whether I have milk in my boobs. K. of course did not nurse, as it isn't allowed in foster care, but she knows that some kids get their milk from nursing. I told K. that when she is an adult, she can nurse her babies (if she is a mama).

She corrected me, "No, when I am a teenager."

I said, "No, when you are an adult you can be a mama," to which she incredulously and firmly replied, "No! When I am a teeeeeenager!"

6 comments:

Super Ninja Mommy said...

my seven year old says this too! She says she can't wait to be a teenager so she can have babies. I almost fell out of my chair when she said that, but my four year old popped in and said "You can't have babies when you're a teenager - you gotta be OLD to have babies."

I don't know what's worse. :-/

Sara said...

Oh dear. But of course it's hard for them to imagine really getting all the way to an adult - Carbon says he'll be a dad when he's "really old", "like, when I'm 20!". And he says it like 20 is the biggest number he can think of.

Masasa said...

Sara and Super Ninja Mommy, thanks for sharing your own hilarious stories.

chickadeescout said...

Oh no, Juno!

I think teenagers are also REALLY OLD to little kids -- I remember when I was about six, my mom asked me how old I thought she was, and I guessed sixteen. Because that seemed appropriately old to me at the time, I guess!

chickadeescout said...

Oh, also, remember the boat-like bike that you posted a few months back, for putting little kids in? I saw a woman at the library last week with a bike that looked like it had a huge storage bin attached over the back wheel, like the kind you find at Target. But it was the same color as the bike (a sort of unusual minty green), so it must've been made that way! I noted the name on the bike at the time, but now I've forgotten it...

I don't know if it had any sort of seatbelts in it, but both of the little kids in it were wearing helmets....

Masasa said...

Oh, more fodder for my dreams ;-).